– Defensive player to focus on angling body to encourage attacking player wide in the court and create a predictable movement and an intercept opportunity.
– Defender to position body to try to see both their opponent and the ball, again to give themselves the best chance of an intercept.
– If attacking player drives wide and doesn’t receive the ball, defender should step up and block, to prevent them from returning to the middle of the court.
– If defender misses intercept, it’s important they dig in and recover quickly.
– Work for around 10 passes and then rotate. Aim to improve the number of tips/intercepts the second time around.