– Midcourt player should aim for a high work rate on cone component, as well as snatching the high ball in with two hands at the highest possible point.
– On high ball, midcourt player should aim to turn and open their body up while landing, so that they can see both goalers immediately and can choose the best option.
– Goaler drives should be well-timed and on strong angles out of the circle.
– Midcourt should aim not to drive on top of the goaler they pass to. If they are crowding, tell them to take a couple of strong steps away from the goaler before pushing off and driving onto the top of the circle.
– After adding defence and the second midcourt option, the midcourters need to balance the circle. If one midcourter hits the top, the other should go to the pocket. It also forces the goalers to make a decision: if their first passing choice is covered, they need to quickly lift their vision and pass to the other midcourter or goaler.
– Give each midcourter 4-5 repetitions at each stage/progression, before rotating positions.