– When finding front position, goaler should aim to get their leading foot outside the defender’s leading foot, to make it difficult for the defender to get around their body.
– Goaler to move feet to maintain front position.
– Encourage goaler to find body after each pass/reception. It’s important that all goalers develop a level of comfort with being on the body.
– Goaler should try to remain upright as feeder releases flat/low passes. Bending too early allows defender a chance to get their feet around and contest the pass.
– If defender overcommits around the body, goaler should maintain body contact and continue to force defender high. Wait until high ball from feeder reaches 12 o’clock before moving off to receive.