Develop combinations and understanding between your goalers with this drill that helps goalers to ‘work a side’ each and look for each other at the post as their first option.
– Start with no defence to allow the goalers to practice the movement and being ready to drive out of the goal circle.
– Whether driving in or out, the goalers’ drives needs to be hard and purposeful.
– It’s critical that the goaler who has driven out to receive the ball always checks the post first, as in a game situation they may find their goaling teammate open or on a hold.
– After you have added defence, the goaler who has driven into the circle should try to find a strong position/hold on their opponent, so that the ball can be passed to them if you have called “go”.
– Remember to coach the goalers on the placement of their feed into their partner, placing the ball into the space away from the defender.