– Players should work at the highest possible intensity to gain maximum benefit from the drill.
– High knees should be as quick as possible, driving up off the toes and lifting feet and knees. Pumping arms will add speed.
– ‘Castle runs’ should consist of lots of short, sharp steps around cones, rather than large movements forwards and backwards.
– Lift inside leg when changing direction on drives, for more faster and more dynamic movement.
– Worker should maintain forward vision at all times, even when driving backwards. This will help when the drill is advanced to add a ball.