– One player (usually WA) calls the play, and determines which player starts front/behind.
– WA and GA should avoid starting on the line. Start a couple of metres behind the line to provide more space for first drives.
– Split only occurs if front player is unable to get free after driving over the line.
– If front player is successful in receiving centre pass, second player can drive for second phase (second pass).
– If second player is required to split and drive over transverse line to receive centre pass, GS can drive out of circle to receive second phase.