– Players to focus on taking first step BEFORE passing, to close the gap to the defender before the defender is able to step across and block.
– Defender to set up flat and in front to allow worker to make throw and go movement to both sides.
– Worker to wait for defender to recover and set up after each throw and go.
– Baulked/fake passes need to be as strong as an actual pass, to ensure the defender is duped and moves in that direction, allowing the worker to complete a throw and go the other way.
– Players should complete 3-4 runs through the gauntlet each before rotating with the ‘post’ players.
– Once players are comfortable with throw and go around defence as well as baulking the ball, ask the defender to increase their intensity and actually defend the worker.